Health & Wealth Podcast Episode 1
Hosted by: Troy Garcia Special guest: Blake ScheidtApril, 2021
In this episode, we discuss fitness goals and how they are similar to financial goals. The goals set for a healthier lifestyle and financial health need to be realistic and tailored to the client’s situation. The science behind eating healthy is convoluted, and education is critical to make better decisions. There is no “good or bad” for food choices but rather a “worse to better” scenario. It takes time to learn what is a healthier choice, and investing in a health coach to help navigate these challenges is one option clients can choose to have a better quality of life.
In this episode we cover:
- The science behind eating (1:25)
- Blake’s fitness story (2:57)
- Good nutrition is challenging and takes time (9:00)
- Eat whole foods (11:29)
- You can eat more whole foods and lose weight (14:38)
- What you eat affects your mood (15:15)
- Education is key to good nutrition (16:56)
- Reading labels to know what you are eating (28:03)
- Easy tips to implement – hydration and eating slower (37:10)
- The apple cider vinegar answer (38:20)
Links From the Show:
Blake Scheidt – Trainer, Health Coach
Facebook – Blake Scheidt
The opinions voiced in this program are for general information only and are not intended to provide specific advice or recommendations for any individual. To determine which strategies or investments may be suitable for you, consult an appropriate qualified professional prior to making a decision.
Blake Scheidt is not affiliated with LPL or Allen & Co.