Risk & Reward E41 Katie Wiatt & Leah Hacker
Hosted by: Holland Henderson Special guest: Katie Wiatt & Leah HackerMarch, 2023
In honor of Women’s History Month, we have Leah Hacker, CEO of Rebel, and Katie Wiatt, director/producer at Indie Atlantic Films, in the studio. They share their personal stories and discuss a documentary about women in aviation streaming on major platforms. This film is creating a big buzz, produced by a company here in Lakeland.
In this episode we cover:
- Katie shares how she got to where she is today (3:56)
- Leah shares her non-traditional journey (8:26)
- How are companies addressing women’s needs in the workplace since COVID (12:26)
- A major then of the documentary is the airplane doesn’t know if the pilot is a man or woman (16:25)
- The rules and regulations of aviation make it difficult for mothers to be pilots (18:12)
- When a woman is involved in the decision-making process, the whole community is positively affected (20:25)
- What excites our guests about the women coming behind them (23:15)
- The younger generation of women doesn’t seem to have the “Imposter Syndrome” of its predecessors (26:12)
- Is it imperative to introduce young girls to STEM (30:10)
- Advice to fathers on how to encourage their daughters (32:11)
- The influential women in our guest’s lives (37:54)
Links From the Show:
Katie Wiatt – Director/Producer, IndieAtlantic Films
Indie Atlantic Films – Kate Wiatt
The opinions voiced in this program are for general information only and are not intended to provide specific advice or recommendations for any individual. To determine which strategies or investments may be suitable for you, consult an appropriate qualified professional prior to making a decision.
Indie Atlantic Films and Rebel are not affiliated with LPL or Allen & Co.