Health & Wealth E11
Hosted by: Troy Garcia Special guest: Andrew LongboyFebruary, 2022
Preparing for a workout is just as important as committing to a regular exercise routine, and individual priming sessions will help people not only have a better workout but a better quality of life. Andrew Longboy is back to expand on the mobility, joints, and learning-to-move conversation from his previous guest podcast.
In this episode we cover:
- The importance of individual priming stretching sessions (4:20)
- A Russian Baby Maker move is a good primer exercise to do before a workout (7:14)
- Do people without a coach know their weaknesses regarding workout form (12:45)
- A natural position does not always feel natural to each person (14:55)
- Mirrors do help with practicing good form during a workout and build confidence (16:00)
- A handstand calls out mobility issues (20:22)
- Troy’s sports massage experience (29:15)
- Resistance stretching is a critical part of a sports massage (32:44)
- Bodybuilders have the best mind-to-muscle connection (36:30)
Links From the Show:
Allen & Company
Lakeland Athletic Club
Troy Garcia – CFP®, Financial Advisor at Allen & Company
Allen & Company – Troy Garcia
LinkedIn – Troy Garcia
Andrew Longboy – Personal Trainer, Lakeland Athletic Club
The opinions voiced in this program are for general information only and are not intended to provide specific advice or recommendations for any individual. To determine which strategies or investments may be suitable for you, consult an appropriately qualified professional prior to making a decision.
Andrew Longboy and Lakeland Athletic Club are not affiliated with LPL or Allen & Co.