Risk & Reward E34 with Collection Media
Hosted by: Holland Henderson Special guest: The Collection MediaSeptember, 2022
Childhood friends Campbell Rice and Connor O’Brien, co-owners of The Collection Media, a production company, are the guests in this episode. They discuss how the business got started, the passion behind each project, and especially the documentary on their hometown of Lakeland.
In this episode we cover:
- How did The Collection Media start (3:29)
- How difficult is it to tell a story of a business (7:58)
- Is there more value in telling the story of the business or the product (9:53)
- Is it becoming more of a challenge to tell stories in the world of social media & short attention spans (12:25)
- Campbell & Connor were 12 years old when they had their first YouTube account and started posting films (14:11)
- The timeline and commitment companies need to have to enter the public consciousness (17:25)
- The big project they just finished was a documentary on their hometown – Lakeland (2:24)
- There is value in helping people fall in love with where they live (28:18)
- What did you learn while making the documentary on Lakeland (29:18)
- What’s next for The Collection Media (34:16)
Links From the Show:
Campbell Rice – Co-Owner, The Collection Media
LinkedIn – Campbell Rice
Connor O’Brien – Co-Owner, The Collection Media
LinkedIn – Connor O’Brien
The opinions voiced in this program are for general information only and are not intended to provide specific advice or recommendations for any individual. To determine which strategies or investments may be suitable for you, consult an appropriate qualified professional prior to making a decision.
Campbell Rice, Connor O’Brien and The Collection Media are not affiliated with LPL or Allen & Co.