Risk & Reward E35 with Up Training
Hosted by: Holland Henderson Special guest: Booke & Richard YoungOctober, 2022
The husband and wife team and co-founders of Up Training, Brooke & Richard Young, are our guests in this episode to discuss their company that provides sales training to the car industry.
They discuss how they got started, how sales have changed, and how communication is the biggest problem in training the younger generation.
In this episode we cover:
- What is Up Training (1:12)
- How has the sales approach to customers changed (4:30)
- There is no manual for a married couple starting a business together (13:22)
- Communication is a big problem in management teams (18:10)
- Collaboration in a sales team is essential (20:42)
- Sales can be an emotional game at times (26:17)
- The biggest friction point in training younger salespeople is communication (28:27)
- What is some feedback that you are getting from salespeople (34:52)
- What Brooke & Richard are most encouraged about (38:48)
Links From the Show:
Allen & Company
Books Mentioned in this Show:
Shoe Dog: A Memoir by the Creator of Nike, by Phil Knight
Holland Henderson – Financial Advisor at Allen & Company
Allen & Company – Holland Henderson
LinkedIn – Holland Henderson
Brooke Young – Co-Founder & Creative Director at Up Training Solutions
LinkedIn – Brooke Young
The opinions voiced in this program are for general information only and are not intended to provide specific advice or recommendations for any individual. To determine which strategies or investments may be suitable for you, consult an appropriate qualified professional prior to making a decision.
Brooke & Richard Young are not affiliated with LPL or Allen & Co.