Risk & Reward Podcast Episode 4
Hosted by: Holland Henderson
In this episode, we’re going to discuss how the mental health stigma has changed over the years, the contributing factors that increase overall anxiety, and how there is a direct correlation between financial health and overall wellness. Anxiety triggers can range from social media use, spending habits, and financial trauma. Having a confidant to help identify these triggers can help navigate the waters to manage anxiety and increase overall mindfulness.
In this episode we cover:
• What does mental counseling look like? (1:51)
• Who do you help? (3:05)
• Balance of the mind should be paid attention to (5:22)
• The need for “wholeness” (6:30)
• Mainstream media helped bring awareness to mental health (8:24)
• Current culture is shaping mental health (10:37)
• Social media puts the gas peddle on the stress (13:45)
• Internal realities and external presentation (16:28)
• How open can you be about finances? (18:44)
• How do we make decisions about money? (23:00)
• Being generous is part of metal wellness (29:33)
• Regarding money, context is a big thing in decision making (32:54)
• Find encouragement in life (35:45)
Links From the Show:
Kolby Nance – M.A., LMHC 17118, Porter’s Sound Counseling
Porter’s Sound Counseling
The opinions voiced in this program are for general information only and are not intended to provide specific advice or recommendations for any individual. To determine which strategies or investments may be suitable for you, consult an appropriate qualified professional prior to making a decision.
Kolby Nance is not affiliated with LPL or Allen & Co.