Risk & Reward Podcast Episode 7
Hosted by: Holland HendersonJuly, 2021
In this episode, we discuss all the disruptions caused by the pandemic. From movies to streaming, going to the grocery store, or ordering from a restaurant, technology has disrupted our daily lives – but is this a good thing?
What started as a solution to support the shutdown has become a much-valued convenience and is disrupting everything, and no industry is left untouched.
In this episode we cover:
- Convenience vs necessity (9:16)
- Grub Hub is the New Age potluck (10:49)
- Online sales have grown due to the pandemic (12:10)
- Robin’s love of Apple Pay and Venmo (13:20)
- Streaming services grew 37% in 2020 (17:45)
- Balance has not and will not go away (30:28)
- Fixing up the house and doing other things to stay busy is the norm (31:29)
- The elderly population has learned how to communicate via technology (34:50)
Links From the Show:
Holland Henderson – CFP®, Financial Advisor at Allen & Company
LinkedIn – Holland Henderson
Robin Chaddick – Director of Marketing at Allen & Company
LinkedIn – Robin Chaddick
The opinions voiced in this program are for general information only and are not intended to provide specific advice or recommendations for any individual. To determine which strategies or investments may be suitable for you, consult an appropriate qualified professional prior to making a decision.