Risk & Reward Podcast Episode 6
Hosted by: Holland Henderson Special guest: Lindy DavidsonJuly, 2021
In this episode, we discuss the heavy topic of walking through end-of-life experiences with loved ones. It’s a sensitive and uncomfortable topic but a critical one to support people struggling with grief and honoring the person dealing with reaching the end of their life. Death is everyone’s guaranteed reality, and the human aspect of this journey is essential. By holding conversations with others, the end-of-life journey can be supportive to all touched by the loss.
In this episode we cover:
- Lindy’s story (3:48)
- Dealing with grief in different ways (8:20)
- Our inability to NOT talk about things has a real impact (12:07)
- The way we typically approach death (14:47)
- Hospice is designed to serve people the last six months of their life (16:19)
- How do we approach this conversation with loved ones (20:46)
- Trying to keep the humanity for the people left behind (22:47)
- What happens at end of life paints a story (25:07)
- Think about honoring people (32:00)
- How do we support people struggling with grief (33:12)
- There are many contexts for grief (36:55)
Links From the Show:
Lindy Davidson, M.Div., PhD – Judy Genshaft Honors College, Dept. of Communication, University of South Florida
LinkedIn – Lindy Davidson
The opinions voiced in this program are for general information only and are not intended to provide specific advice or recommendations for any individual. To determine which strategies or investments may be suitable for you, consult an appropriate qualified professional prior to making a decision.
Lindy Davidson is not affiliated with LPL or Allen & Co.