Risk & Reward E30
Hosted by: Holland Henderson Special guest: Marlon HouseJuly, 2022
Tech talk is on the agenda in this episode, specifically cyberattacks and being proactive for your home or business against these scams. Our guest is Marlon House, CEO of Voltel IT Consulting & Engineering and he discusses the different types of cyberattacks and how companies can protect themselves with the right software programs and a security plan.
In this episode we cover:
- The high points of phishing, malware, and ransomware technology threats and what the purpose is behind these scams (3:28)
- What is done with the data collected through these scams (5:31)
- What organization does a company go to for help after a cyberattack (6:25)
- Is email the biggest gateway for attacks (8:10)
- Is it easier to protect a mobile device versus a computer (11:20)
- Most organizations are using endpoint security within their platform to monitor what you do and control what applications can be on the device (13:12)
- What is an example of endpoint technology, and how are some of the providers of this software (16:28)
- In a rush to get people working remotely due to the pandemic, where some security steps missed (21:35)
- Did we become more proactive regarding cyberattacks before or after the pandemic (26:58)
- Cloud-based solutions are subscription-based and budget-friendly for businesses (29:45)
- The concern about the data collected on social media (32:00)
- How to protect your cell phone (34:52)
Links From the Show:
Marlon House – CEO, Voltel IT Consulting & Engineering
Voltel IT Consulting & Engineering
The opinions voiced in this program are for general information only and are not intended to provide specific advice or recommendations for any individual. To determine which strategies or investments may be suitable for you, consult an appropriate qualified professional prior to making a decision.
Marlon House and Voltel IT are not affiliated with LPL or Allen & Co.