Bowlin’s Alley E5 Dr. Hawkins P2
Hosted by: Dr. Lyle Bowlin Special guest: Dr. Emile HawkinsJanuary, 2022
Everyone’s journey is different, and being mindful of your journey will lead to beautiful detours that may positively affect the others you meet if you listen. In this episode, Dr. Emile Hawkins is our guest again, and he talks about how training for a marathon is an analogy for other journeys regarding leadership, making bad and good choices, and learning from them.
In this episode we cover:
- The history of marathons (1:22)
- Preparing and training for a marathon is a lot like saving for retirement (7:30)
- Some health issues are a result of the choices made many, many years ago (12:45)
- Don’t be afraid to learn from bad choices (16:00)
- Don’t compare yourself to others; you have to know what you are supposed to do on your journey (18:57)
- Now and then, a crisis is needed to recognize something is wrong (21:46)
- It’s so easy to have a misconception about what you are trying to accomplish (24:40)
- Knowing your “why” is important (28:08)
- Some reason to never be average (30:44)
- Sometimes you need to listen to quiet whispers to have connections outside of your everyday journey (32:17)
- Wisdom is where knowledge meets experience (40:20)
Links From the Show:
Books Mentioned in this Show:
Emile Hawkins, DSL, MBA, M.A. – Professor – Ph.D./DSL Program at Southeastern University
Southeastern University – Emile Hawkins, DSL, MBA, M.A.
LinkedIn – Emile Hawkins
The opinions voiced in this program are for general information only and are not intended to provide specific advice or recommendations for any individual. To determine which strategies or investments may be suitable for you, consult an appropriate qualified professional prior to making a decision.