Risk & Reward E19
Hosted by: Holland Henderson Special guest: Justin WilsonFebruary, 2022
COVID drove up the importance of convenience regarding commercial resources, affecting how real estate development evolves in a community. In this episode, we talk with Justin Wilson, and the topic is real estate development – what it is, how it has changed and how it impacts the community.
In this episode we cover:
- Regional changes regarding real estate development (4:50)
- A raw piece of land is chaos and real estate development helps organize this land into commercial resources (8:17)
- Inside dining is shrinking due to delivery options like Uber Eats (10:36)
- Holland’s failed food delivery story (15:48)
- Going to a physical store is an experience that is not going away for some industries (17:57)
- The birth of the open-mall format and the next market disruptor (19:40)
- How do you create a Hyde Park and how a developer is involved (24:35)
- Why developers have to navigate with municipalities (27:08)
- New technologies that might be implemented in future retail experience (36:38)
Links From the Show:
Books Mentioned in this Show:
The opinions voiced in this program are for general information only and are not intended to provide specific advice or recommendations for any individual. To determine which strategies or investments may be suitable for you, consult an appropriately qualified professional prior to making a decision.
Justin Wilson and Palmetto Capital Group are not affiliated with LPL or Allen & Co.