Find Your Advisor

Search
Generic filters
podcast image

Bowlin’s Alley E1

Hosted by: Dr. Lyle Bowlin

February, 2022

In this episode, we introduce a new podcaster – Dr. Lyle Bowlin. The conversation is about having a positive mindset and filtering out the noise for positive life experiences.

In this episode we cover:

  • Dr. Bowlin shares his track race mindset-in-the-moment story (1:15)
  • The old rule of 72 about compound interest and how this principle can work in your life today (6:34)
  • Randomness can mess up choices (11:31)
  • What is your story, and how do you share it (20:25)
  • A good manager knows there is 95% noise to ignore, and a leader knows what to do with the remaining 5% (21:44)
  • Regression to the Mean (22:43)
  • Think of your job as always learning (27:27)
  • Mentoring is a two-way street (30:15)
  • An Old Testament story about how repeating a lie enough can make it the truth sometimes (35:25)

Links From the Show:

Allen & Company
Regression to the Mean
Jim Collins
Compound Interest

Books Mentioned in this Show:

Built to Last: Successful Habits of Visionary Companies,” by Jim Collins

Connect with:

Dr. Lyle Bowlin– Financial Advisor at Allen & Company
Allen & Company – Dr. Lyle Bowlin
LinkedIn – Dr. Lyle Bowlin

 

The opinions voiced in this program are for general information only and are not intended to provide specific advice or recommendations for any individual. To determine which strategies or investments may be suitable for you, consult an appropriate qualified professional prior to making a decision.

The rule of 72 is a mathematical concept and does not guarantee investment results nor functions as a predictor of how an investment will perform. It is an approximation of the impact of a targeted rate of return. Investments are subject to fluctuating returns and there is no assurance that any investment will double in value.

Popular Posts

Back to Top