Kids & Money E13
Hosted by: Chad Jones Special guest: Holland HendersonApril, 2022
Fellow advisor Holland Henderson is the guest for this episode, and he shares who influenced him as a father, the high standard he holds himself to, and how money lessons were taught to him a kid.
In this episode we cover:
- Who influenced Holland as a dad (3:49)
- Financial lessons Holland was taught as a kid (7:20)
- Understanding fairness regarding money is the big lesson in the Holland household (15:28)
- Parents can share money lessons younger than they think (18:00)
- Money is such a big part of life (26:01)
- Holland recalls a great piece of marital advice (27:30)
- Don’t wait until your child is ready for college to teach the difficulty of money and budget; start the lessons early, so you aren’t playing catch-up (31:45)
- Teaching kids to budget their time leads to teaching them opportunity cost (35:25)
- Holland’s Christmas story blog (37:20)
Links From the Show:
The opinions voiced in this program are for general information only and are not intended to provide specific advice or recommendations for any individual. To determine which strategies or investments may be suitable for you, consult an appropriate qualified professional prior to making a decision.