Laura Hawley – CFP®, President at Allen & Company
Dana Hurley – Financial Advisor at Allen & Company
Julie Ellison – Registered Dietician at Lakeland Regional Health
In this episode, we discuss retirement and the questions you may be asking yourself as you face retirement; how to preserve your assets for your heirs, how living longer and the rising health care cost may affect retirement plans, income gap planning, and much more. In our Medical Moment segment we will visit with Julie Ellison, Registered Dietitian at Lakeland Regional Health to discuss holiday eating, exercise and much more.
In this episode we cover:
- Sustainability and having a green retirement (0:39)
- How to address client’s concerns as they relate to their financial plan (6:44)
- Year-end strategizing and rebalancing (11:30)
- The truth about indexing and what it actually means (16:32)
- Things to be aware of as you invest in indexes (20:20)
- Income gap during retirement and what you can do to bridge the gap (21:35)
- The retirement process and how it impacts your overall financial plan (24:05)
- Julie Ellison, Registered Dietitian at Lakeland Regional Health discusses holiday eating, your health, and much more (31:45)
- Diabetes, the holidays, exercise, and how it all relates to your overall health (36:31)
Links From the Show:
Over 90% of investment returns are determined by how investors allocate their assets. – Dana Hurley, Financial Advisor at Allen & Company
You need to know what your goals are and what your risk tolerance is to know what allocation you need to have in your portfolio. – Dana Hurley, Financial Advisor at Allen & Company
It’s making sure you are diversified and not over exposed in one area. – Dana Hurley, Financial Advisor at Allen & Company
Social Security was never meant to be your sole income during retirement. – Dana Hurley, Financial Advisor at Allen & Company
What are your income needs today, and what are your growth needs for tomorrow to continue having that sustainable income over the years? – Laura Hawley, CFP®, President at Allen & Company
About LAURA HAWLEY
Laura began her lifelong career at Allen & Company as one of the youngest Financial Advisors in Florida more than 30 years ago.
A CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™, Laura joined Allen & Company in 1983 and now serves as Senior Vice President and Chairperson of the Executive Committee. In addition, she was appointed to the Board of Directors in 2001. Laura played a crucial role in establishing the Viera office and served as Branch Manager until 2015. She holds Series 7, 66 and 24 licenses, as well as her Life, Health and Variable Annuities.
Laura’s holistic approach to financial planning, and her passion...