Risk & Reward E45 Bryant Black
Hosted by: Holland Henderson Special guest: Bryant BlackNovember, 2023
In this episode, we sit down with Bryan Black, the Head of School at Lakeland Christian School, to delve into the evolution and future of education. As a key topic that affects financial planning—from figuring out how to pay off educational loans to saving up for your child’s schooling—education remains a national concern at the forefront for students and parents alike. Join us as we explore where education has been, where it’s headed, and how this impacts both personal finances and the broader societal context.
In this episode we cover:
- Our guest’s journey to Head of School at Lakeland Christian School (1:20)
- The challenge of education in light of the national conversation on this topic (4:26)
- We live in an information age that is full of dis-information (6:00)
- Was the role of college in years past to create the process for weighing information and K-12 was learning how to learn (8:00)
- It’s not uncommon now for universities to shrink their Humanities programs because they do not lead to a specific job (10:31)
- What are the pros and cons of a transactional education (12:00)
- It has been found that the absence of Humanities studies in a curriculum affects the leadership abilities of the individual (14:12)
- How are guest helps teachers with the learning process (16:31)
- How parents can choose the proper learning process for their child (19:40)
- The way education is moving and how they are measuring success (22:37)
- What can parents do during the K – 12 years to help their child perform well in school (31:41)
- How do you gage success regarding the education program at a school (34:44)
Links From the Show:
Books Mentioned in this Show:
The opinions voiced in this program are for general information only and are not intended to provide specific advice or recommendations for any individual. To determine which strategies or investments may be suitable for you, consult an appropriate qualified professional prior to making a decision.
Bryant Black and Lakeland Christian School are not affiliated with LPL or Allen & Co.