Risk & Reward E43 Rich Wills
Hosted by: Holland Henderson Special guest: Rich WillsSeptember, 2023
In this episode, we welcome Rich Wills, a seasoned runner and entrepreneur who founded his first running shoe business nearly two decades ago and is now designing the perfect running shoe. Join us as Rich debunks common myths surrounding the sport of running and shares his unique perspective on how running is deeply ingrained in our foot DNA.
From the business of running shoes to the very essence of human locomotion, this discussion offers a comprehensive look at running in all its elements.
In this episode we cover:
- How Rich got into running (1:00)
- How did you start FITniche, Inc. (5:32)
- His business met a need in Lakeland and grew fast (8:00)
- How has running changed in the last 20 years (11:27)
- The premise behind the running shoe (15:00)
- “Toes Up” is important to a runner and can increase your foot strength if you wear a show that supports this natural movement (22:30)
- Rich has designed a running shoe that lets the foot behave how it is supposed to (25:24)
- How has your new shoe been received (29:00)
- What happens if people with foot issues start running with the Holloway, your shoe (31:21)
- The goal is to have the Holloway running shoe in local running stores in Central Florida (37:00)
- What Rich is encouraged by in the world today (39:21)
Links From the Show:
Books Mentioned in this Show:
The opinions voiced in this program are for general information only and are not intended to provide specific advice or recommendations for any individual. To determine which strategies or investments may be suitable for you, consult an appropriate qualified professional prior to making a decision.
Rich Wills & First Ray Athletics are not affiliated with LPL or Allen & Co.