Risk & Reward E24
Hosted by: Holland Henderson Special guest: Chris WendelApril, 2022
Local author Chris Wendel is our guest for this episode and gives us a behind-the-scenes look at what made him start writing, how he chose his genre, and the highs and lows of the publishing process.
In this episode we cover:
- What made Chris start writing (1:37)
- A book series is a great way to develop characters (4:40)
- What is “writing to market” and why this is so hard (6:37)
- How do you know when to finish a book (9:49)
- What is the process from idea to publishing (12:43)
- How do people look for and find books (21:22)
- Finding an editor that understands your genre is critical (26:45)
- How do you see audiobooks and podcasts changing the way readers consume books (32:01)
- What have you learned about yourself by writing these books (37:12)
- What Chris is reading (39:44)
Links From the Show:
The opinions voiced in this program are for general information only and are not intended to provide specific advice or recommendations for any individual. To determine which strategies or investments may be suitable for you, consult an appropriately qualified professional prior to making a decision.
Chris Wendel is not affiliated with LPL or Allen & Co.