Dana Hurley – Financial Advisor at Allen & Company
Brad Stainsby – Financial Advisor at Allen & Company
Jerry Carpenter – Business Consultant at OMS Group
Meg Bellamy – Executive Director at Catapult
Today’s show will discuss all things about becoming an Entrepreneur, being your own boss and the ups and downs of having a Small Business, the impact a Small Business has on our Economy and, welcome guest Meg Bellamy of Catapult, and Jerry Carpenter of OMS Group to discuss additional aspects of starting your own business.Click here to listen on iTunes
In this episode we cover:
- Economic Compass (1:30)
- Analyzing and reviewing your Portfolio (3:11)
- Entrepreneurship and the changes within the different industries over the past years. (5:14)
- Conversation with Guest Meg Bellamy, Executive Director at Catapult and discuss perils and different types of Entrepreneurship (8:08)
- The steps to take in order to Start a Business (13:56)
- Conversation with guest Jerry Carpenter, Senior Business Consultant at OMS Group to discuss the different aspects of starting a business (24:24)
- Borrowing from your Retirement Plan to start your business (33:12)
More than 50% of all workers will be self employed by 2020. – Laura Hawley, CFP®, Senior Vice President at Allen & Company
You’ve got to roll up your sleeves early and start planning for 2017. Don’t get caught short, there’s going to be a lot of movement out there in the market place. – Laura Hawley, CFP®, Senior Vice President at Allen & Company
As a non-profit, education is one of the most important things we do, educating all levels of the entrepreneur. – Meg Bellamy, Executive Director at Catapult
One of the first steps toward becoming an entrepreneur is to get your idea out of your head and onto paper. – Meg Bellamy, Executive Director at Catapult
The Big Question is who’s going to buy it and why. Distinguishing is this a sustainable business or is it a hobby? – Meg Bellamy, Executive Director at Catapult.
Laura Hawley – CFP®, Senior Vice President at Allen & Company
Allen & Company – Laura Hawley
About LAURA HAWLEY
Laura began her lifelong career at Allen & Company as one of the youngest Financial Advisors in Florida more than 30 years ago.
A CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™, Laura joined Allen & Company in 1983 and now serves as Senior Vice President and Chairperson of the Executive Committee. In addition, she was appointed to the Board of Directors in 2001. Laura played a crucial role in establishing the Viera office and served as Branch Manager until 2015. She holds Series 7, 66 and 24 licenses, as well as her Life, Health and Variable Annuities.
Laura’s holistic approach to financial planning, and her passion...