Laura Hawley – CFP®, President at Allen & Company
Dana Hurley – Financial Advisor at Allen & Company
Daniel Haight, MD, FACP, FSHEA – Associate Professor, College of Medicine Internal Medicine, Vice President of Community Health, Administration, Medical Director, Infection Control, Associate Professor, Internal Medicine
Kate Worthington – CEO/President at Winter Haven Chamber of Commerce
In this episode we discuss the Tax Climate in the Southeast, the Growth and Workforce in Florida, how the Legislature is working on business issues in Florida, and Polk County and the Economy.
In this episode we cover:
- The role of a Chamber and what it actually does (1:56)
- All things Polk County as it related to the Business Sector (11:45)
- Keeping our Community Healthy with Daniel Haight (22:00)
- Smoking, Diabetes and your Lifestyle and how it affects your finances (25:35)
- What health questions to ask even when you’re feeling fine (28:55)
- The concerns of the Zika Virus in Polk County (30:14)
- Discusses the 7 Simple Healthy Habits (34:07)
Links From the Show:
“Staying Healthy is about setting goals on how you’re going to stay healthy” – Daniel Haight, MD, FACP, FSHEA Medical Director
About LAURA HAWLEY
Laura began her lifelong career at Allen & Company as one of the youngest Financial Advisors in Florida more than 30 years ago.
A CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™, Laura joined Allen & Company in 1983 and now serves as Senior Vice President and Chairperson of the Executive Committee. In addition, she was appointed to the Board of Directors in 2001. Laura played a crucial role in establishing the Viera office and served as Branch Manager until 2015. She holds Series 7, 66 and 24 licenses, as well as her Life, Health and Variable Annuities.
Laura’s holistic approach to financial planning, and her passion...