Laura Hawley – CFP®, President at Allen & Company
Troy Garcia – CFP®, Financial Advisor at Allen & Company
Mary Robinson – Former President of Ireland
Tim Boynton – Associate Vice President at Lakeland Regional Health Foundation
In this episode we discuss what good retirement planning looks like, risks and issues concerning financial planning, and most commonly asked financial planning questions. We will also visit with a very special guest, Mary Robinson, former President of Ireland to discuss women leadership, human rights and much more. In addition, Tim Boynton, Associate Vice President at Lakeland Regional Health Foundation will stop in to talk about the Women in Philanthropy Luncheon.
In this episode we cover:
- Leadership with Mary Robinson, former President of Ireland and discuss women leadership and human rights (1:14)
- Mary Robinson, Former President of Ireland speaks of her goals of her Ireland Presidency (7:00)
- Mary Robinson, Former President of Ireland discusses life after the Presidency (10:22)
- Visit with special guest Tim Boynton, Associate Vice President at Lakeland Regional Health Foundation, to discuss the Women in Philanthropy Luncheon (14:01)
- Planning for retirement and the things we can control (17:35)
- How to establish life goals through retirement planning (29:56)
- Retirement planning outliers and how to adjust for them (34:14)
Books Mentioned in this Show:
- Everybody Matters: My Life Giving Voice by Mary Robinson— Read More
A study found out that retiring after age 65 might actually help people live longer. – Troy Garcia, CFP®, Financial Advisor at Allen & Company
31% of workers feel emotionally or mentally stressed out about retirement. – Laura Hawley, CFP®, President at Allen & Company
More than 39% of retirees wished that they had started retirement planning early. – Laura Hawley, CFP®, President at Allen & Company
You need to have peace in order to have prosperity. – Laura Hawley, CFP®, President at Allen & Company
About LAURA HAWLEY
Laura began her lifelong career at Allen & Company as one of the youngest Financial Advisors in Florida more than 30 years ago.
A CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™, Laura joined Allen & Company in 1983 and now serves as Senior Vice President and Chairperson of the Executive Committee. In addition, she was appointed to the Board of Directors in 2001. Laura played a crucial role in establishing the Viera office and served as Branch Manager until 2015. She holds Series 7, 66 and 24 licenses, as well as her Life, Health and Variable Annuities.
Laura’s holistic approach to financial planning, and her passion...