Dana Hurley – Financial Advisor at Allen & Company
Matt Clark – President at Broadway Reality
Julie Townsend – Executive Director at Lakeland Downtown Development Authority
Today’s show will discuss in Polk County and throughout the US, efforts to Revitalize the City of Lakeland and how are Community Agencies are working together to achieve it, the Community Agencies involved in Lakeland’s revitalization, community enhancements, and the overall vision for the city of Lakeland.Click here to listen on iTunes
In this episode we cover:
- Real Estate recovery process Globally (1:25)
- The housing market in China and how it differs from than the US (3:32)
- Changes in development of downtown Lakeland (7:30)
- NOBAY (North of Bay Street) and the impact in Lakeland (8:10)(22:26)
- The need for a vibrant downtown Lakeland (8:38)
- Alphabet Soup of Groups in Lakeland (12:40)
- Trend of Urban Rentals vs. the house with the White Picket Fence (14:20)
- The definition and activities of a City Center and how to grow it (18:30)
- The parking concerns and the Lakeland Parking study (26:31)
- The Vision and Revitalization of Dixieland (30:48)
Links From the Show:
Since April, the housing market in the US has increased 6.6%. – Dana Hurley – Financial Advisor at Allen & Company
NOBAY is the name for the downtown mix-use development project. It stands for North of Bay Street destination. – Matt Clark – President at Broadway Reality.
“The Trend: Nationally the Millennial generation is desiring to live in an Urban area, with a reluctance to commit to a purchase of your traditional single family”. – Matt Clark – President at Broadway Reality.
Average holding period of a job by an individual from the Millennial generation is 7 years or less. – Laura Hawley – CFP®, Senior Vice President at Allen & Company
About LAURA HAWLEY
Laura began her lifelong career at Allen & Company as one of the youngest Financial Advisors in Florida more than 30 years ago.
A CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™, Laura joined Allen & Company in 1983 and now serves as Senior Vice President and Chairperson of the Executive Committee. In addition, she was appointed to the Board of Directors in 2001. Laura played a crucial role in establishing the Viera office and served as Branch Manager until 2015. She holds Series 7, 66 and 24 licenses, as well as her Life, Health and Variable Annuities.
Laura’s holistic approach to financial planning, and her passion...