Laura Hawley – CFP®, President at Allen & Company
Dana Hurley – Financial Advisor at Allen & Company
Lindsey Ladewig – Volunteer Committee Chair at Emerge
Today’s show will discuss and offer advice for the young family and the first time investor, how to plan and prioritize with each phase of your financial life, help identify your financial goals while offering up some great ideas to assist you, and examine the growth in the Service Industry worldwide. In this episode we will also welcome special guest will Lindsey Ladewig, Volunteer at Emerge Lakeland.
In this episode we cover:
- The Sectors (Florida market) that are seeing success within the stock market (2:25)
- The Growth in the Service Sector in Florida and Overseas (3:53)
- How the Service Industry balances out the Economy (5:00)
- Growth or lack thereof in China (5:25)
- Young Families, Financial Planning and Investing. Setting goals and avoiding pitfalls (8:25)
- Creating a Financial Plan, the basics and deciding what comes first (13:08)
- The right amount to spend on Technology and Technology devices (15:18)
- Starting a new job and a Retirement plan (17:30)
- The role that Life Insurance and Disability Insurance play in Financial Planning (29:20)
- Guest Lindsey Ladewig, Volunteer Committee Chair at Emerge (30:55)
Links From the Show:
The general rule of thumb should be that no more than 30% of a family’s gross income should go towards housing cost. -Dana Hurley, Financial Advisor at Allen & Company
The revenue from a single day from the website Ali-Babba on “Singles Day” in China 45 billion dollars compared to the 3 billion dollars spent on cyber Monday in the United States. – Laura Hawley, CFP®, Senior Vice President at Allen & Company.
Financial Check: What Percent of your income are you spending on technology and your devices. – Laura Hawley, CFP®, Senior Vice President at Allen & Company.
In today’s economy it cost $297,000 to raise a child to the age of 18. – Laura Hawley, CFP®, Senior Vice President at Allen & Company.
If you’re able to save $5,500 each year and can get an average of 7% return in 35 years that would come out to $760,303. – Laura Hawley, CFP®, Senior Vice President at Allen & Company.
About LAURA HAWLEY
Laura began her lifelong career at Allen & Company as one of the youngest Financial Advisors in Florida more than 30 years ago.
A CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™, Laura joined Allen & Company in 1983 and now serves as President and Chairperson of the Executive Committee. In addition, she was appointed to the Board of Directors in 2001. Laura played a crucial role in establishing the Viera office and served as Branch Manager until 2015. She holds Series 7, 66 and 24 licenses, as well as her Life, Health and Variable Annuities.
Laura’s holistic approach to financial planning, and her passion for teaching...