Laura Hawley – CFP®, Senior Vice President at Allen & Company
Troy Garcia – CFP®, Financial Advisor at Allen & Company
In this episode we discuss becoming a Bride and what you need to know about your fiance’s finances, how you both feel about money, your dress budget, the importance of discussing a wedding budget, how to avoid wedding overspending, and the importance of the three C’s as it relates to being a Bride and Finances: Communicate, Consider, Continue. We will also discuss what professionals you should consider helping you with your Wedding, and much more.
In this episode we cover:
- Economic Compass (1:23)
- Wedding Traditions and finances as it relates to the Bride and Groom (2:33)
- The Wedding Ring and how much you should budget or spend (7:33)
- The hard questions a bride-to-be or groom should be asking before the “I do’s” (8:17)
- Handling difficult pre-wedding questions with a professional (10:29)
- Investing for the future and who should be in charge (13:52)
- Bankruptcy, current bills, medical debt, vacations, and how it should be addressed between the Bride and Groom (15:28)
- Prenuptial agreements (21:44)
- A checklist of to-do’s for Newly Married couples (27:43)
- How to handle Insurance for Newly Married couples (29:56)
- Tips for Newlyweds and combining Finances (31:31)
- Taxes and how they’ll affect your marriage (35:56)
Focus in on what your goals are. – Laura Hawley, CFP®, Senior Vice President at Allen & Company
42% of bride’s parents pay for the wedding. – Troy Garcia, CFP®, Financial Advisor at Allen & Company
About LAURA HAWLEY
Laura began her lifelong career at Allen & Company as one of the youngest Financial Advisors in Florida more than 30 years ago.
A CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™, Laura joined Allen & Company in 1983 and now serves as Senior Vice President and Chairperson of the Executive Committee. In addition, she was appointed to the Board of Directors in 2001. Laura played a crucial role in establishing the Viera office and served as Branch Manager until 2015. She holds Series 7, 66 and 24 licenses, as well as her Life, Health and Variable Annuities.
Laura’s holistic approach to financial planning, and her passion...