Laura Hawley – CFP®, President at Allen & Company
Kyle Cobia – AIF®, Financial Advisor at Allen & Company
Jason Penrod – Attorney at Family Elder Law
In this episode, we discuss and take a practical look at the importance of estate planning, income retention, important documents needed as you plan your estate, charitable giving, and much more. We will visit with special guest Jason Penrod, attorney at Family Elder Law to discuss elder care law and estate planning and he will share his wisdom as it relates to elder care.
In this episode we cover:
- Economic compass (1:22)
- The importance of estate planning (6:02)
- Jason Penrod discusses elder care law and estate planning and shares his wisdom as it relates to elder care (7:25)
- The importance of a will and other documents to think about (9:49)
- The necessity of probate and how to avoid it (13:33)
- Additional documents needed in terms of estate planning (15:30)
- Medicaid planning and long term care cost (22:29)
- Trusts and how they are implemented into the long term care planning process (30:23)
- The “gift” giving process and how it relates to stocks, bonds and your investments (33:48)
You can’t side step all movements of the market. – Laura Hawley, CFP®, President at Allen & Company
You have to stop and take the time to get this done now. – Laura Hawley, CFP®, President at Allen & Company
Everyone should have a Last Will and Testament. – Jason Penrod, attorney at Family Elder Law
It’s one of those subjects that nobody really wants to think about. – Jason Penrod, attorney at Family Elder Law
About LAURA HAWLEY
Laura began her lifelong career at Allen & Company as one of the youngest Financial Advisors in Florida more than 30 years ago.
A CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™, Laura joined Allen & Company in 1983 and now serves as Senior Vice President and Chairperson of the Executive Committee. In addition, she was appointed to the Board of Directors in 2001. Laura played a crucial role in establishing the Viera office and served as Branch Manager until 2015. She holds Series 7, 66 and 24 licenses, as well as her Life, Health and Variable Annuities.
Laura’s holistic approach to financial planning, and her passion...