Laura Hawley – CFP®, President at Allen & Company
Elizabeth Smart – Author/Speaker/Survivor, American Activist and contributor for ABC News
Today’s show will welcome a very special guest Elizabeth Smart, and discuss her role as an Advocate, a Mother, and a Survivor. Elizabeth Smart was Abducted at the age of 14 and was one of the most followed child abduction cases of our time. Elizabeth will be the Keynote Speaker at the Women in Philanthropy Luncheon on November 2, 2016 located in Lakeland, Florida.
In this episode we cover:
- Introduction to Elizabeth Smart: Advocate, Mother, Survivor (1:00)
- Elizabeth Smart Foundation and the role it plays in Keeping Children Safe (1:24)
- Elizabeth Smart discusses segments of her book, shares her past Kidnapping experience, and talks about her goal of Educating people (3:58)
- How Elizabeth Smart found the inner Strength to battle through her Abduction (6:16)
- Words of encouragement to Parents shared by Elizabeth Smart (9:13)
Links From the Show:
Books Mentioned in this Show:
- My Story – by Elizabeth Smart – Read More
(As it relates to a child abduction) …what a lot people don’t realize is that children who fight back, over 80% of children that fight back are actually able to get away. – Elizabeth Smart, Author/Speaker/Survivor, American Activist and contributor for ABC News.
As long as the child is empowered, and they know that they have a choice, they know that they can fight back, they know that they don’t have to do exactly what they are being told to do, then that’s really the greatest gift we can give them. – Elizabeth Smart, Author/Speaker/Survivor, American Activist and contributor for ABC News.
Laura Hawley – CFP®, Senior Vice President at Allen & Company
Allen & Company – Laura Hawley
About LAURA HAWLEY
Laura began her lifelong career at Allen & Company as one of the youngest Financial Advisors in Florida more than 30 years ago.
A CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™, Laura joined Allen & Company in 1983 and now serves as Senior Vice President and Chairperson of the Executive Committee. In addition, she was appointed to the Board of Directors in 2001. Laura played a crucial role in establishing the Viera office and served as Branch Manager until 2015. She holds Series 7, 66 and 24 licenses, as well as her Life, Health and Variable Annuities.
Laura’s holistic approach to financial planning, and her passion...