Laura Hawley – CFP®, Senior Vice President at Allen & Company
Chad Jones – CFP®, MBA, Financial Advisor at Allen & Company
Randy Browning – Founder and President of KidsPACK
In this episode we discuss the very important role of Mom and the economic impact she has on a family and how working from home and technology has changed the way we think about things. We will also discuss how motherhood has changed in the work environment, and the role life insurance plays for stay at home moms or single parents. We welcome special guest Randy Browning, Founder and President of KidsPACK, to discuss the role KidsPACK plays in the lives of local at-risk youth.
In this episode we cover:
- Economic compass (1:03)
- The many roles of a mother and what it would take to replace that multi-tasking mother (3:50)
- Pioneer women who have made an impact in the workplace and how technology has changed the world we work in (8:50)
- The cost of childcare, and what a family spends on childcare expenses and other factors involved with stay at home moms (15:33)
- The role life insurance plays for stay at home moms/parent (18:50)
- The financial lessons we learn from MOM (21:00)
- How an allowance can be a great financial tool for your children (24:00)
- The advantages and disadvantages of working from home (33:21)
- Visit with Randy Browning, Founder and President of KidsPACK to discuss the role KidsPACK plays in the lives of local at-risk youth (36:00)
It costs approximately $350,000 to raise a child until the age of 17. – Chad Jones, CFP®, MBA, Financial Advisor at Allen & Company
21 billion dollars is spent on Mother’s Day to honor our moms. – Chad Jones, CFP®, MBA, Financial Advisor at Allen & Company
1 in 5 kids in America suffer from food insecurity. In Florida, 1 in 4 children suffer from being hungry. – Randy Browning, Founder and President of KidsPACK
There are 85.4 million moms in the US, and 1.9 billon mothers worldwide. – Laura Hawley, CFP®, Senior Vice President at Allen & Company
About LAURA HAWLEY
Laura began her lifelong career at Allen & Company as one of the youngest Financial Advisors in Florida more than 30 years ago.
A CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™, Laura joined Allen & Company in 1983 and now serves as Senior Vice President and Chairperson of the Executive Committee. In addition, she was appointed to the Board of Directors in 2001. Laura played a crucial role in establishing the Viera office and served as Branch Manager until 2015. She holds Series 7, 66 and 24 licenses, as well as her Life, Health and Variable Annuities.
Laura’s holistic approach to financial planning, and her passion...