Laura Hawley – CFP®, President at Allen & Company
Dana Hurley – Financial Advisor at Allen & Company
Marcy Zyonse – Owner of Live the Dream Travel
Michael Marotz – Recreation Supervisor at City of Lakeland
Today’s show will discuss Summer Programs, summer and Family Vacations, planning and budgeting for your vacation, new Travel Trends, travel within the area, Lakeland city run camps, and how much you should expect to pay. Special guest includes Marcy Zyonse and Michael Marotz.
In this episode we cover:
- Growth in travel since 2009 (1:08)
- The true cost of Travel (2:15)
- Budget 101 (3:03)
- Steps to Creating a Budget (4:06)
- Ways to Keep track of your budget (5:58)
- Fixed Items versus Variable Items of a budget (8:36)
- Marcy Zyonse, President of Live the Dream Travel talks about travel and how you can make it part of your budget (12:50)
- Planning a Family Trip or vacation that stays within budget (18:15)
- Michael Marotz, Recreation Supervisor at City of Lakeland discusses summer youth day camp programs offered. (34:36)
- Adult Summer Programs (40:41)
Links From the Show:
People spend more time panning their vacation than they do planning their retirement. – Laura Hawley, CFP®, Senior Vice President at Allen & Company.
The average family carries $6k in debt on their credit cards. – Dana Hurley, Financial Advisor at Allen & Company.
25% of your income should be towards your housing expense. – Dana Hurley, Financial Advisor at Allen & Company.
About LAURA HAWLEY
Laura began her lifelong career at Allen & Company as one of the youngest Financial Advisors in Florida more than 30 years ago.
A CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™, Laura joined Allen & Company in 1983 and now serves as Senior Vice President and Chairperson of the Executive Committee. In addition, she was appointed to the Board of Directors in 2001. Laura played a crucial role in establishing the Viera office and served as Branch Manager until 2015. She holds Series 7, 66 and 24 licenses, as well as her Life, Health and Variable Annuities.
Laura’s holistic approach to financial planning, and her passion...