Laura Hawley – CFP®, Senior Vice President at Allen & Company
Kyle Cobia – AIF®, Financial Advisor at Allen & Company
Jeff Phillips – Sr. VP and Chief Relationship Officer at Farm Credit of Central Florida
In this episode, we discuss the future of Farming and how the Innovations of Farming have changed the faces and work life of the Farmer in 2018. We will visit with Jeff Phillips, Sr. VP and Chief Relationship Officer of Farm Credit of Central Florida for insights into Farming today and tomorrow, the role Technology is playing in the Farming Industry, and how Lending Institutions are dealing with the change in Cannabis Law and much more.
In this episode we cover:
- Economic Compass (:57)
- Visit with Jeff Phillips, Sr. VP and Chief Relationship Officer of Farm Credit of Central Florida to discuss the status of the Farming Industry in the State of Florida (4:10)
- How the Weather and Hurricanes affect the Citrus and Strawberry Industry (8:55)
- The status of Organic Farming and the future (13:20)
- How Technology has shaped Indoor Farming and Vertical Farming (14:59)
- How Lending Money to Farmers is seen in the Lending Industry (17:55)
- How Cannabis and Technology has changed the landscape in the Farming Industry (20:26)
- The ins and outs of the S & P 500 and the upcoming changes (25:53)
- How the economy is affecting Consumer Discretionary Industry (32:35)
There’s always something to be concerned about. – Laura Hawley, CFP®, Senior Vice President at Allen & Company
So, what’s going to win? Is it the uncertainty that we’re seeing in global trade or is it strong earnings? – Kyle Cobia, AIF®, Financial Advisor at Allen & Company
There’s a big difference between the economy and Wall Street. – Laura Hawley, CFP®, Senior Vice President at Allen & Company
Laura Hawley – CFP®, President at Allen & Company
Allen & Company – Laura Hawley
Jeff Phillips, Sr. VP and Chief Relationship Officer at Farm Credit of Central Florida
Farm Credit of Central Florida – Jeff Phillips
About LAURA HAWLEY
Laura began her lifelong career at Allen & Company as one of the youngest Financial Advisors in Florida more than 30 years ago.
A CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™, Laura joined Allen & Company in 1983 and now serves as President and Chairperson of the Executive Committee. In addition, she was appointed to the Board of Directors in 2001. Laura played a crucial role in establishing the Viera office and served as Branch Manager until 2015. She holds Series 7, 66 and 24 licenses, as well as her Life, Health and Variable Annuities.
Laura’s holistic approach to financial planning, and her passion for teaching...