Laura Hawley – CFP®, President at Allen & Company
Dana Hurley – Financial Advisor at Allen & Company
In this episode, we discuss what to consider when preparing your Estate Plan which may include your wishes for your Money, Assets, and Personal Medical decisions. We also look at the differences between a Will and a Trust, why Probate is such a dirty word, the importance of Asset Inventory and much more.
In this episode we cover:
- Estate planning and where to start (1:08)
- How to put an Estate Plan into action (5:54)
- Difference between a Will and a Trust (9:20)
- The role Probate may play in certain cases (13:56)
- How to have the “End-of Life” conversation (18:10)
- The importance of Asset Inventory and the role it plays in Estate Planning (28:15)
- The advantages and disadvantages of going Paperless (33:49)
Only 27% of people have had the (end-of-life) conversation. – Laura Hawley, CFP®, President at Allen & Company
6 out of 10 Americans aren’t prepared for the inevitable. – Laura Hawley, CFP®, President at Allen & Company
Probate does serve an important purpose in certain cases. – Dana Hurley, Financial Advisor at Allen & Company
Everybody should have a will. – Laura Hawley, CFP®, President at Allen & Company
About LAURA HAWLEY
Laura began her lifelong career at Allen & Company as one of the youngest Financial Advisors in Florida more than 30 years ago.
A CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™, Laura joined Allen & Company in 1983 and now serves as President and Chairperson of the Executive Committee. In addition, she was appointed to the Board of Directors in 2001. Laura played a crucial role in establishing the Viera office and served as Branch Manager until 2015. She holds Series 7, 66 and 24 licenses, as well as her Life, Health and Variable Annuities.
Laura’s holistic approach to financial planning, and her passion for teaching...