Dana Hurley – Financial Advisor at Allen & Company
Brad Stainsby – Financial Advisor at Allen & Company
Today’s show will discuss Saving for Retirement versus Planning for Income during retirement and the next life stages, how to financially address the next chapters in your life through, how to replace your current income after Retirement. We will also discuss building an income stream, the realities of Retirement, and discuss investing strategies to use during Retirement.
In this episode we cover:
- Economic Compass (1:07)
- The Federal Government and how they will handle Interest Rates (1:44)
- The Global stage of the Olympics and how to related Economics (2:51)
- Discuss how Saving for Retirement is different than planning for Income during Retirement (8:52)
- The realities of Retirement (13:42)
- The (Investment) ways to help diminish the realities of Retirement (18:25)
- Market Shocks and the affect it has on your Investment (22:31)
- The different levels of Income, and how each plays a role in your Retirement Plan (26:22)
- Strategies used to provide Income during Retirement (29:02)
- Allen & Company educational programs (33:07)
- Ways to take income during Retirement (35:30)
Despite the fact that they put in $40 billion dollars to host the Olympics, it does not pay to host the Olympics. – Dana Hurley, Financial Advisor at Allen & Company.
The average inflation rate is about 3%. – Dana Hurley, Financial Advisor at Allen & Company.
I spouse in a couple has a 50% chance of living to age of 90. – Dana Hurley, Financial Advisor at Allen & Company.
Inflation can be managed through the growth of your wages. – Brad Stainsby, Financial Advisor at Allen & Company.
We can’t necessarily write our last chapter of life, but we can certainly be more prepared for it. – Laura Hawley, CFP®, Senior Vice President at Allen & Company.
A rule of thumb, as it relates to investments, you should have the same percentage in bonds as your age. – Laura Hawley, CFP®, Senior Vice President at Allen & Company.
Laura Hawley – CFP®, Senior Vice President at Allen & Company
Allen & Company – Laura Hawley
About LAURA HAWLEY
Laura began her lifelong career at Allen & Company as one of the youngest Financial Advisors in Florida more than 30 years ago.
A CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™, Laura joined Allen & Company in 1983 and now serves as Senior Vice President and Chairperson of the Executive Committee. In addition, she was appointed to the Board of Directors in 2001. Laura played a crucial role in establishing the Viera office and served as Branch Manager until 2015. She holds Series 7, 66 and 24 licenses, as well as her Life, Health and Variable Annuities.
Laura’s holistic approach to financial planning, and her passion...