Often when you are at the end of something, you are at the beginning of something else.
Having a resource for retirement questions and planning.
Are you financially ready to retire? Planning for retirement starts with thinking about your retirement goals and how long you have to meet them. And the sooner the better. Here are a few questions to ask yourself when beginning to plan for life after career:
- How do you see your post-retirement spending habits in comparison to current habits, and what will change?
- Have you defined your retirement budget vs. your current budget?
- Life insurance will play a part in this process, have you revisited your current policies?
Do you have enough to retire?
It’s not about money, it’s about income. Knowing how your retirement will generate income is critical to calming retirement fears. Working with an advisor who can guide you through visualizing your retirement lifestyle and aligning this with your financial goals can help answer questions about what having enough income to retire means for you.
Talk to your Allen & Company advisor to estimate your retirement income.
What will retirement life look like for you?
Retiring is the ultimate goal for some, but have you considered how you will fill your days? Answering this question might affect your income needs. Retirement doesn’t mean you are required to change your quality of life, especially if you plan accordingly.
A couple of options for your consideration post career:
- Will I work part-time or volunteer?
- How much time will I spend with my family?
- Travel is important to me, how does that factor in?
Having an advisor to help you through the thought process of retirement life will reduce stress and provide guidance.
Still, have questions? We are happy to connect you with an Allen & Company financial advisor.
FRS is a separate entity from LPL Financial and Allen & Co.