We’ll help you navigate the financial challenges of major life changes.
There are many chapters in your financial life cycle, and they ebb and flow — as does everything in life. With your goals in mind and several other key factors, you and one of our seasoned financial advisors will create plans to help you deal with whatever life transition comes your way.
I’m going through a divorce
Our financial advisors have helped clients through each and every life event over the years. While working through a divorce can be challenging, we can help you make the best of the situation from a financial perspective.
- Understand the details of your spouse’s benefit packages
- Re-evaluate your estate planning details, such as beneficiaries
- Investigate the joint ownership and titling of assets such as vehicles and savings accounts
- Consideration and execution of pre-nuptial agreements
Our advisors say:
I’ve been recently widowed / my spouse has passed away
Losing your beloved might be one of the most difficult events in anyone’s life, and it’s a deeply personal event. Our financial advisors will help you navigate the financial aspects and responsibilities as the surviving spouse.
- Titling of assets
- Reconstructing estate planning documents and beneficiaries
- Living arrangements and home(s)
- Connecting with your family attorney, or assist you with forming a new connection
I’m an empty nester
Another significant life change experienced by parents is when children leave home. What many parents might not be considering are the financial implications — and opportunities — of your kids starting the next chapter in their own lives!
- Do you need or want to continue maintaining your current home?
- What’s involved in downsizing and what could the financial opportunities be?
- Are your children entering college? If so, what should I prepare for?
Financial Advisor (and empty nester) Lorin Bice says:
I’d like to talk to a financial advisor who’s experienced in helping clients deal with life’s biggest changes. What’s next?
At Allen & Company, we’ve been serving our clients with dignity and integrity since 1932. It’s our mission to make a profound and positive difference in your life and in the communities that we serve. Put our experience to work and let us help you through the changes!