Laura Hawley – CFP®, President at Allen & Company
Steve McTaggart – Vice President of Investments, Financial Advisor
Randy Browning – Chairman of the Board and founder of KidsPack
Today’s show will discuss how Politics, International Issues, and Acts of Terror can affect the outlook of your financial future, how these issues affect the market volatility, the uncertainty it brings, we will also look at the emotional side of the market and how information overload can affect your financial outlook. Guests include Randy Browning, Chairman of the Board and founder of KidsPack.
In this episode we cover:
- Uncertainty within the Market (1:05)
- How too much information can play a role in the market (2:05)
- Britian, Brexit, is it going to be a bust? (2:53)
- The effects of Free Market Capitalism (5:05)
- The contrast among different Economies of the different countries (7:17)
- Political Race issue and how it affects the market’s volatility (8:32)
- Historical trends as it relates to Equities (13:03)
- The effect the Election has on the market, and the historical impact (17:05)
- What actually moves the market and the role it plays in driving stock prices, and what actually drives prices for earnings and corporations (19:43)
- Oil Prices and the reason for the drop (21:37)
- A conversation with Guest Randy Browning Chairman of the Board and founder of KidsPack (35:00)
Links From the Show:
I think people shoot first and ask questions later as it relates to their emotions and their investments….which isn’t a good thing – Steve McTaggart, Vice President of Investments, Financial Advisor at Allen & Company
As it relates to the market the race doesn’t always go to the swiftest or fastest, but Id sure bet that way! – Steve McTaggart – Vice President of Investments, Financial Advisor at Allen & Company.
Last year Polk County had 3900 registered homeless children. – Randy Browning, Chairman of the Board and founder of Kids Pack.
About LAURA HAWLEY
Laura began her lifelong career at Allen & Company as one of the youngest Financial Advisors in Florida more than 30 years ago.
A CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™, Laura joined Allen & Company in 1983 and now serves as President and Chairperson of the Executive Committee. In addition, she was appointed to the Board of Directors in 2001. Laura played a crucial role in establishing the Viera office and served as Branch Manager until 2015. She holds Series 7, 66 and 24 licenses, as well as her Life, Health and Variable Annuities.
Laura’s holistic approach to financial planning, and her passion for teaching...