Mark Jackson – Sports Marketing Director at Polk County Sports Marketing
Sam Lorino – Author of “Triumph”
Troy Garcia – CFP® at Allen & Company
In this episode we discuss what brings visitors and industry to Polk County; the Tourism Impact on the Polk County’s economy, where tourism ranks in Polk County, the resurgence of second careers in Central Florida, and a discussion with author Sam Lorino.
In this episode we cover:
- How does an election year affect the Markets? (5:20)
- The fundamental basis of Tourism (7:46)
- Is Florida Tourism/Sports Marketing, an Import or Export? (8:20)
- The impact of adding tourism as an economic generator (8:50)
- Bed Tax and the impact in Polk County (9:39)
- Fundamental principle of Tourism in Polk County (10:50)
- The benefits of a diversified portfolio as it relates to Tourism (14:01)
- Why do visitors and industry come to Polk County? (14:45)
- Look at the sporting landscape in Florida (17:40)
- Impact of Sports in Florida as it relates to the recession (19:02)
- The Big 5 Major Capital Projects in Polk County and how it will impact Central Florida (19:33)
- The difference in Lakeland, Florida in 1972 and 2016 and how much it has grown (23:01)
- Florida and Personal Income Tax, and the effects on the consumer (27:30)
- Quidditch and its popularity in Polk County (28:51)
- And guest Sam Lorino discuss his book Triumph (31:00)
Links From the Show:
Books Mentioned in this Show:
Triump by S.L. Benelli – Read More
Volatility is a normal thing in the market, just stay calm, back up and look at the long-term picture. – Troy Garcia, CFP Financial Advisor at Allen & Company
Did you know that tourism is a 1.5 billion dollar industry in Polk County? – Mark Jackson, Director of Tourism and Sports Marketing Director at Polk County Sports Marketing
The thing that makes Polk County different is the people. – Mark Jackson, Director of Tourism and Sports Marketing Director at Polk County Sports Marketing
About LAURA HAWLEY
Laura began her lifelong career at Allen & Company as one of the youngest Financial Advisors in Florida more than 30 years ago.
A CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™, Laura joined Allen & Company in 1983 and now serves as Senior Vice President and Chairperson of the Executive Committee. In addition, she was appointed to the Board of Directors in 2001. Laura played a crucial role in establishing the Viera office and served as Branch Manager until 2015. She holds Series 7, 66 and 24 licenses, as well as her Life, Health and Variable Annuities.
Laura’s holistic approach to financial planning, and her passion...