Laura Hawley – CFP®, President at Allen & Company
Chad Jones – CFP® at Allen & Company
Steve Koury – Wildlife Artist
Lorrie Walker – Public Relations Director at Polk Museum of Art
Steve Kourey – Singer of the National Anthem at Mayfair
Today’s show will discuss earning a living from your home, running a Fortune 500 company from your garage, the cost to replace MOM, what mom staying at home cost a family and a discussion with guest Steve Kourey.
In this episode we cover:
- Different avenues of work for stay at home moms/parent (10:16)
- Stay at home mothers, jobs that mothers do, and their place in our Economy (11:38)
- The Cost Of Living to replace the job duties of a stay at home mom (13:44)
- What considerations are to be given if a stay at home parent dies as it relates to Life Insurance and Disability Insurance (16:00)
- The kind of Life Insurance needed for a stay at home parent (16:34)
- The connection with Mayfair By The Lake and Mothers Day (19:39)
- Discuss famous mothers and their contributions to our economy (21:00)
- Get to know guest Steve Kourey and his connection with Mayfair By The Lake (24:00)
- When it comes to Art how do you know what to buy? (37:27)
- Mayfair By The Lake and its origin in Polk County (33:50)
Links From the Show:
A Mothers value over 20 years can be calculated out to be over a million dollars. – Chad Jones, CFP® at Allen and Company
Profit margin is what its all about, its not sales, its income minus expense. – Chad Jones, CFP® at Allen and Company
It’s hard to argue the fact the stay at home parent is probably h most undervalued career in the US. – Chad Jones, CFP® at Allen & Company
The Moms value over 20 years can be calculated out to 1 million dollars. – Chad Jones, CFP® at Allen & Company
About LAURA HAWLEY
Laura began her lifelong career at Allen & Company as one of the youngest Financial Advisors in Florida more than 30 years ago.
A CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™, Laura joined Allen & Company in 1983 and now serves as President and Chairperson of the Executive Committee. In addition, she was appointed to the Board of Directors in 2001. Laura played a crucial role in establishing the Viera office and served as Branch Manager until 2015. She holds Series 7, 66 and 24 licenses, as well as her Life, Health and Variable Annuities.
Laura’s holistic approach to financial planning, and her passion for teaching...