Laura Hawley – CFP®, Senior Vice President at Allen & Company
Troy Garcia – CFP®, Financial Advisor at Allen & Company
Julie Ellison – Registered Dietitian at Lakeland Regional Health
In this episode we discuss ways to ensure that you are prepared for hurricanes and other natural disasters, being prepared as it relates to financial matters, discuss the 4th quarter of 2017, take a look back at the goals set for 2017, and do a “year in review” in terms of spending, saving, and investment performances.
Special guest will be Julie Ellison, Registered Dietitian at Lakeland Regional Health to discuss the subject of Diabetes, and much more.
In this episode we cover:
- Economic compass (1:22)
- Steps to being financially organized and prepared for a financial disaster (7:15)
- Being prepared with your medical information in case of an emergency (14:55)
- The importance of having household and insurance contacts in order during emergency situations (15:41)
- Financial preparedness and how to save for retirement (21:51)
- Planning towards the 4th quarter of the financial year (23:37)
- How to manage your debt, to stay out of debt (26:09)
- Visit with special guest Julie Ellison, Registered Dietitian at Lakeland Regional Health to discuss Diabetes and the symptoms of Diabetes (29:50)
- The rise in Diabetes cases (35:04)
You want to make sure that however your portfolio is allocated that it meets your particular risk tolerance and your goals. – Laura Hawley, CFP®, Senior Vice President at Allen & Company
You have to manage your debt to stay out of debt. – Laura Hawley, CFP®, Senior Vice President at Allen & Company
This year we’ve had a nice uptrend. Equities, stocks have really taken off. – Troy Garcia, CFP®, Financial Advisor at Allen & Company
Rebalance. Reallocate. – Troy Garcia, CFP®, Financial Advisor at Allen & Company
Debt…Get ‘em down. Get ‘em down. Get ‘em down. Get ‘em gone. – Troy Garcia, CFP®, Financial Advisor at Allen & Company
You have to think about things differently once you get out of debt. – Troy Garcia, CFP®, Financial Advisor at Allen & Company
About LAURA HAWLEY
Laura began her lifelong career at Allen & Company as one of the youngest Financial Advisors in Florida more than 30 years ago.
A CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™, Laura joined Allen & Company in 1983 and now serves as Senior Vice President and Chairperson of the Executive Committee. In addition, she was appointed to the Board of Directors in 2001. Laura played a crucial role in establishing the Viera office and served as Branch Manager until 2015. She holds Series 7, 66 and 24 licenses, as well as her Life, Health and Variable Annuities.
Laura’s holistic approach to financial planning, and her passion...