Laura Hawley – CFP®, Senior Vice President at Allen & Company
Holland Henderson – Financial Advisor at Allen & Company
In this episode we discuss debt and how it has changed and impacted the US economy, the impact debt has on your health, and how debt can affect your retirement. We will also discuss how the world of technology and social media have drastically changed and impacted our economy and society.
In this episode we cover:
- How debt has changed the US economy (1:17)
- The affect debt has on retirement planning (4:20)
- The impact technology plays on debt in our economy (6:15)
- The Millennial Generation, new technology, and the impact they have on the economy (8:50)
- The importance of the retail industry to the US economy (11:39)
- The influence smart and mobile technology has on the market share (13:00)
- The power of the consumer experience (22:00)
- The social media impact on our economy (23:31)
- The impression technology has on our economy and what it really means for the consumer (25:32)
- The trends of disruptors within the retail sector (32:30)
- The grocery retail experience and the local economy (38:15)
This year it’s estimated that over 130 million users in the US will make at least one purchase via the web or mobile app. – Laura Hawley, CFP®, Senior Vice President at Allen & Company
If they haven’t paid off their debt by the time they are retired it never happens. – Laura Hawley, CFP®, Senior Vice President at Allen & Company
In 2016, the US retail industry generated almost 6% of the GDP. – Laura Hawley, CFP®, Senior Vice President at Allen & Company
Internet retailing is the fastest growing segment of retail. – Laura Hawley, CFP®, Senior Vice President at Allen & Company
The Millennial Generation is the largest in US history. – Laura Hawley, CFP®, Senior Vice President at Allen & Company
It’s such a social experience now to be a consumer. – Holland Henderson, Financial Advisor at Allen & Company
About LAURA HAWLEY
Laura began her lifelong career at Allen & Company as one of the youngest Financial Advisors in Florida more than 30 years ago.
A CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™, Laura joined Allen & Company in 1983 and now serves as Senior Vice President and Chairperson of the Executive Committee. In addition, she was appointed to the Board of Directors in 2001. Laura played a crucial role in establishing the Viera office and served as Branch Manager until 2015. She holds Series 7, 66 and 24 licenses, as well as her Life, Health and Variable Annuities.
Laura’s holistic approach to financial planning, and her passion...