Laura Hawley – CFP®, President at Allen & Company
Nathan Amann – CFP®, MBA, Senior Vice President at Allen & Company
Pamela P Craven, Ph.D. – Executive Director at Learning Resource Center
In this episode we discuss social Security and when you should take it, the safe way to Co-sign on a Mortgage, a Traditional Advisor verses a Robo-Advisor, and other frequently asked Financial questions. We will also discuss how raising the Interest Rates affect you, Negative Interest Rates and how they occur, and making a graceful exit from the Stock Market after you retire. We will also welcome special guest Pamela P Craven, Ph.D., Executive Director at Learning Resource Center
In this episode we cover:
- Economic Compass (:38)
- Strategic ways to pay down your Mortgage (5:20)
- Considered ways to use your 401k (8:05)
- Social Security and how it can impact your Financial future (9:25)
- 401K and Employer Benefits programs (14:20)
- The pros and cons for Co-Signing on a loan (21:21)
- Planned ways to save for College (23:48)
- Q&A with Nathan Amann (27:11)
- Visit with Pamela P Craven, Ph.D. – Executive Director at Learning Resource Center to discuss the mission and upcoming events at the Learning Resource Center (31:29)
For every year you don’t take your (Social Security) benefits, they’re increasing by nearly 8% a year. – Laura Hawley, CFP®, Senior Vice President at Allen & Company
When it comes to fees, there’s a difference between cost and value. – Laura Hawley, CFP®, Senior Vice President at Allen & Company
Signer beware (Loan co-sign). – Laura Hawley, CFP®, Senior Vice President at Allen & Company
When asked the (financial) question, keep in mind your objectives and if you are on track for retirement, keep doing what you’re doing. – Nathan Amann, CFP®, MBA, Financial Advisor at Allen & Company
About LAURA HAWLEY
Laura began her lifelong career at Allen & Company as one of the youngest Financial Advisors in Florida more than 30 years ago.
A CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™, Laura joined Allen & Company in 1983 and now serves as Senior Vice President and Chairperson of the Executive Committee. In addition, she was appointed to the Board of Directors in 2001. Laura played a crucial role in establishing the Viera office and served as Branch Manager until 2015. She holds Series 7, 66 and 24 licenses, as well as her Life, Health and Variable Annuities.
Laura’s holistic approach to financial planning, and her passion...