Laura Hawley – CFP®, President at Allen & Company
Dana Hurley – Financial Advisor at Allen & Company
Lily Romine – Executive Director at Junior Achievement of Tampa Bay – Polk District
In this episode we discuss Financial Literacy, Budgets and how it relates to your Financial Goals and your success, Credit Card Debt, and last minute Tax Filing Tips.
In this episode we cover:
- Last minute Tax Filing Tips (6:25)
- The safest way to file your Taxes (7:52)
- Making IRA Contributions while you are waiting for file (10:20)
- Organizing your taxes (13:15)
- Discuss true or false Tax Questions (15:45)
- Tax Deductions vs. Tax Credits (16:21)
- Debunking the Tax Extension – filing myth (17:15)
- The meaning of Financial Literacy (19:17)
- Junior Achievement of Polk County and the role they play in Polk County (20:33)
- Lily Romine, Executive Director at Junior Achievement of Tampa Bay – Polk District
- Youth, Technology and the view on finances (25:25)
- Lessons kids can learn about Money (27:50)
- Healthcare Decision Day (36:06)
Links From the Show:
Diversification is a must when it comes to investing, especially long term retirement. – Dana Hurley, Financial Advisor at Allen & Company
If you are in the 25% tax bracket. For every $100 of deductions you can claim, you will save $25 on your taxes. – Dana Hurley, Financial Advisor at Allen & Company
Tax credits are better than tax deductions. Tax credits are a dollar for dollar reduction in your tax bill. – Dana Hurley, Financial Advisor at Allen & Company
1 in 6 US students do not meet the baseline of proficiency in financial literacy. Which is balancing a checkbook, understanding how credit cards work. – Dana Hurley, Financial Advisor at Allen & Company information based on a Program for International Student Assessment (PISA) study.
About LAURA HAWLEY
Laura began her lifelong career at Allen & Company as one of the youngest Financial Advisors in Florida more than 30 years ago.
A CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™, Laura joined Allen & Company in 1983 and now serves as President and Chairperson of the Executive Committee. In addition, she was appointed to the Board of Directors in 2001. Laura played a crucial role in establishing the Viera office and served as Branch Manager until 2015. She holds Series 7, 66 and 24 licenses, as well as her Life, Health and Variable Annuities.
Laura’s holistic approach to financial planning, and her passion for teaching...