Dana Hurley – Financial Advisor at Allen & Company
Jeanette Crowley – Strategic Partnerships Senior Coordinator at Polk County Public Schools
Penny Borgia – Chief Impact Officer at United Way of Central Florida
Today’s show will welcome Jeanette Crowley, Strategic Partnerships Senior Coordinator at Polk County Public Schools to discuss investing in our own Education, benefiting from an Educational system, how we can help make the Education System better, Volunteering, and the exciting things happening within the Polk County Public School System. We will also talk with Penny Borgia, Chief Impact Officer at United Way of Central Florida to discuss the mission, and purpose of United Way of Central Florida.
In this episode we cover:
- Economic Compass (1:02)
- Jeanette Crowley discusses ways to get involved with Polk County Public Schools (6:53)
- Highest impact need in Polk County Public Schools (9:16)
- Positive things happening within Polk County Public Schools (11:14)
- Polk County Public School Academies and the purpose they serve to students (12:50)
- Penny Borgia Chief Impact Officer at United Way of Central Florida to discuss purpose and impact (23:56)
- The changes in attitude toward Education over the past 25 years (30:49)
- Success Coaches and the impact on the middle schools (10:28)
Links From the Show:
That’s what you want to focus in on, not what the talking heads are saying, but what Corporate America is actually reporting for earnings. – Laura Hawley, CFP®, Senior Vice President at Allen & Company.
If we don’t have earnings, we don’t have growth. – Laura Hawley, CFP®, Senior Vice President at Allen & Company.
Bottom Line: Corporate earnings drive the market. – Dana Hurley, Financial Advisor at Allen & Company.
43% of the students entering kindergarten, are not kindergarten ready. – Dana Hurley, Financial Advisor at Allen & Company.
Children that start behind, stay behind. – Penny Borgia, Chief Impact Officer at United Way.
Laura Hawley – CFP®, Senior Vice President at Allen & Company
Allen & Company – Laura Hawley
About LAURA HAWLEY
Laura began her lifelong career at Allen & Company as one of the youngest Financial Advisors in Florida more than 30 years ago.
A CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™, Laura joined Allen & Company in 1983 and now serves as Senior Vice President and Chairperson of the Executive Committee. In addition, she was appointed to the Board of Directors in 2001. Laura played a crucial role in establishing the Viera office and served as Branch Manager until 2015. She holds Series 7, 66 and 24 licenses, as well as her Life, Health and Variable Annuities.
Laura’s holistic approach to financial planning, and her passion...