Laura Hawley – CFP®, President at Allen & Company
Chad Jones – CFP®, Financial Advisor at Allen & Company
James Larry Durrence, PhD. – Past President of Polk Community College
Join us in a Special Edition of Dollars & Sense as we discuss the President Elect, and not just who’s in Office but what that Office means, and the kind of changes that happen Financially with any kind of Election. We will also discuss what the Election results mean for the Markets, and what it has meant in the past. Special guest James Larry Durrence, PhD., Past President of Polk Community College, will examine various topics regarding the Office of the President and they relate to both the past and the present.
In this episode we cover:
- Economic Forecast and how it relates to the Presidential Election (1:01)
- James Larry Durrence, PhD., Past President of Polk Community College to discuss the historical moments of the Presidential Election (4:05)
- The role the President plays in the United States (7:15)
- Q&A with James Larry Durrence, PhD. (11:09)
- How the Market will play out having a Republican President and thoughts from James Larry Durrence, PhD. (22:08)
- Topic of the election and the various topics on Investors’ minds (31:56)
- Discuss Statistics surrounding Veterans Day and special programs (36:06)
When it comes to the market and planning, it’s all about you as the individual. – Laura Hawley, CFP®, Senior Vice President at Allen & Company.
The stock market is controlled by emotions, both fear and greed. – Chad Jones, CFP®, Financial Advisor at Allen & Company.
If it cost more to make products here (in U.S), the only way you bring them back is to have more productivity. – James Larry Durrence, PhD., Past President of Polk Community College.
About LAURA HAWLEY
Laura began her lifelong career at Allen & Company as one of the youngest Financial Advisors in Florida more than 30 years ago.
A CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™, Laura joined Allen & Company in 1983 and now serves as President and Chairperson of the Executive Committee. In addition, she was appointed to the Board of Directors in 2001. Laura played a crucial role in establishing the Viera office and served as Branch Manager until 2015. She holds Series 7, 66 and 24 licenses, as well as her Life, Health and Variable Annuities.
Laura’s holistic approach to financial planning, and her passion for teaching...