Laura Hawley – CFP®, President at Allen & Company
Dana Hurley – Financial Advisor at Allen & Company
Brad Stainsby – Financial Advisor at Allen & Company
Tim Darby – Vice President at Darby Law Group, P.A.
Today’s show will discuss Retirement and the next life stages, how to financially address the next chapters in your life through Life Insurance, how to replace your current income after Retirement, the Financial Planning process of Retirement, how to build your Elder Care team as you age, what to do when your parents or loved ones are no longer able to take care of themselves, and other legal issues that come along with the later stages in life.
In this episode we cover:
- Retirement and how to replace your current Income once you get into retirement (1:18)
- Choosing who should be a part of your Elder Care team, and how soon you should consider building that team (7:45)
- Special guest Tim Darby, Vice President at Darby Law Group, P.A. discusses Estate Planning, Long Term Care Planning and how it’s all part of your Financial Plan (8:28)
- The difference between a Long Term Care Policy and a Life Insurance Policy (16:05)
- The primary role of an Elder Law Attorney, and the aging process as discussed with Special guest Tim Darby, Vice President at Darby Law Group, P.A. (21:00)
- The different types of Long Term Care available (32:13)
- A Living Will Declaration and how it plays a role in your Financial Plan (38:23)
Links From the Show:
If you’re 65 years old, you have a 2/3 odds of needing long term care. – Dana Hurley, Financial Advisor at Allen & Company
Long term planning goes beyond the finances. – Dana Hurley, Financial Advisor at Allen & Company
We can’t necessarily write our last chapter of life, but we can certainly be more prepared for it. – Laura Hawley, CFP®, Senior Vice President at Allen & Company
(Long Term Care) There are a lot of things you have to take into consideration, it’s not just the dollars and sense, but it’s some of these other issues that you can’t hardly imagine. – Laura Hawley, CFP®, Senior Vice President at Allen & Company
Laura Hawley – CFP®, Senior Vice President at Allen & Company
Allen & Company – Laura Hawley
About LAURA HAWLEY
Laura began her lifelong career at Allen & Company as one of the youngest Financial Advisors in Florida more than 30 years ago.
A CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™, Laura joined Allen & Company in 1983 and now serves as President and Chairperson of the Executive Committee. In addition, she was appointed to the Board of Directors in 2001. Laura played a crucial role in establishing the Viera office and served as Branch Manager until 2015. She holds Series 7, 66 and 24 licenses, as well as her Life, Health and Variable Annuities.
Laura’s holistic approach to financial planning, and her passion for teaching...