Laura Hawley – CFP®, Senior Vice President at Allen & Company
Eric Greenhow – MBA, CFP®, CFA®, Financial Advisor at Allen & Company
Michael Greenhow – Sales and Leasing Consultant at Regal Lakeland
In this episode we discuss how the Internet has provided many ways to communicate. We discuss how we define the Global Market Place, what is the Global Economy, and the difference from the International Market. We will also visit with Michael Greenhow, Sales and Leasing Consultant at Regal Lakeland on how the Internet has changed the ways consumers buy cars, and much more regarding the car buying experience.
In this episode we cover:
- Economic Compass (1:08)
- Allocations and Global Investing and the role it plays in our economy among consumers (6:54)
- The difference between a Global Mutual Fund and an International Mutual Fund (10:24)
- Discuss the topic of Passive vs. Active Management Investments (16:10)
- Areas of good value for long term investors (18:05)
- Visit with Michael Greenhow, Sales and Leasing Consultant at Regal Lakeland, as he provides insight on the car buying experience and how to be a smarter consumer (21:43)
- Important information consumers need to look at when buying a car (21:46)
- The pros and cons of buying vs. leasing, and how leasing has changed the car buying experience (26:28)
- Car buying tips for consumers (31:27)
- The impact of leasing a car (33:25)
- Extended warranties and how to understand them as a consumer (40:32)
Links From the Show:
90% percent of car buyers actually researched their car on-line before they make a purchase. – Laura Hawley, CFP®, Senior Vice President at Allen & Company
I encourage investors to stay focused on the fundamentals. – Eric Greenhow, MBA, CFP®, CFA®, Financial Advisor at Allen & Company
Most Investors portfolios are incorporating International these days. – Eric Greenhow, MBA, CFP®, CFA®, Financial Advisor at Allen & Company
Passive Management does just fine when the markets are increasing. – Laura Hawley, CFP®, Senior Vice President at Allen & Company
About LAURA HAWLEY
Laura began her lifelong career at Allen & Company as one of the youngest Financial Advisors in Florida more than 30 years ago.
A CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™, Laura joined Allen & Company in 1983 and now serves as President and Chairperson of the Executive Committee. In addition, she was appointed to the Board of Directors in 2001. Laura played a crucial role in establishing the Viera office and served as Branch Manager until 2015. She holds Series 7, 66 and 24 licenses, as well as her Life, Health and Variable Annuities.
Laura’s holistic approach to financial planning, and her passion for teaching...