Laura Hawley – CFP®, Senior Vice President at Allen & Company
Dana Hurley – Financial Advisor at Allen & Company
Ariana Acree – University of Florida Intern at Allen & Company
Nick Wegman – University of Florida Intern at Allen & Company
In this episode, we help Parents and Grandparents prepare to send their High School aged and College bound children Back to School and tackle the tough issue of Budgeting and managing Personal Finances as a College Student, Student Loans, Alternative Education options and much more. We also welcome Nick Wegman and Ariana Acree, University of Florida Interns at Allen & Company, to discuss Careers, College Debt, Budgeting and the overall College experience.
In this episode we cover:
- How to manage paying for College (3:37)
- Nick Wegman and Ariana Acree, University of Florida Interns at Allen & Company, to discuss (6:56)
- How to balance Budgeting, Expenses, and Learning as a College Student (11:07)
- College loans, 529 plan, FAFSA, and what it all means to the college student (15:48)
- How Scholarships and Financial Aid may affect your Financial Planning. (24:17)
- Legal Documents that should be in place for College students (25:22)
- Renters Insurance and if it’s needed as a college student (31:16)
- Advice for parents and aspiring College Students (36:08)
In the past 30 years, the average cost and tuition for four-year public and private schools has increased nearly 400%. – Laura Hawley, CFP®, Senior Vice President at Allen & Company
Scholarships take a lot of time and a lot of research, but they’re well worth it. – Laura Hawley, CFP®, Senior Vice President at Allen & Company
About LAURA HAWLEY
Laura began her lifelong career at Allen & Company as one of the youngest Financial Advisors in Florida more than 30 years ago.
A CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™, Laura joined Allen & Company in 1983 and now serves as President and Chairperson of the Executive Committee. In addition, she was appointed to the Board of Directors in 2001. Laura played a crucial role in establishing the Viera office and served as Branch Manager until 2015. She holds Series 7, 66 and 24 licenses, as well as her Life, Health and Variable Annuities.
Laura’s holistic approach to financial planning, and her passion for teaching...