Laura Hawley – CFP®, President at Allen & Company
Chad Jones – CFP®, Financial Advisor at Allen & Company
Dana Hurley – Financial Advisor at Allen & Company
In this episode we discuss Year-end Tax planning and preparation, Capital Gains within your portfolio, the importance of a Flex Spending Account, the difference between a Tax Credit and a Tax Deduction, and a look back with a year-in-review of 2016.
In this episode we cover:
- Discuss Tax applications that you can make during this time of year (1:28)
- Capital Gains Distribution and how it can work against an investor (4:13)
- Tax Law changes that may benefit you over the next couple of days (7:58)
- Handling year-end Charitable Contributions (8:54)
- Flex Spending Account and why it’s so important (11:06)
- The importance of an HSA account (14:33)
- The new features of Energy Tax Credits (15:15)
- The Difference between a Tax Credit and a Tax Deduction (16:35)
- Year end review (20:23)
- Topics that Investors should be thinking about when it comes to their own Portfolios (36:53)
Only 31% of final decision makers in families say they have a financial plan. – Laura Hawley, CFP®, Senior Vice President at Allen & Company
According to the Employee Benefit Research Institute, 46% of all American workers have less than $10,000 saved for retirement. – Laura Hawley, CFP®, Senior Vice President at Allen & Company
Its time in the market, not timing the market that is the most important thing. – Dana Hurley, Financial Advisor at Allen & Company
Social Security was always meant to augment your retirement savings, it was never meant to be the plan. – Chad Jones, CFP®, Financial Advisor at Allen & Company
Laura Hawley – CFP®, Senior Vice President at Allen & Company
Allen & Company – Laura Hawley
About LAURA HAWLEY
Laura began her lifelong career at Allen & Company as one of the youngest Financial Advisors in Florida more than 30 years ago.
A CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™, Laura joined Allen & Company in 1983 and now serves as President and Chairperson of the Executive Committee. In addition, she was appointed to the Board of Directors in 2001. Laura played a crucial role in establishing the Viera office and served as Branch Manager until 2015. She holds Series 7, 66 and 24 licenses, as well as her Life, Health and Variable Annuities.
Laura’s holistic approach to financial planning, and her passion for teaching...